Sunday, February 26, 2012

Short form of "Way of Cross"

First Friday of Lent 2012. If you can't go to church to attend 'Way of Cross', try to do this short version of Way of Cross. It will not take more than 15 minutes. Share with your friends and family.

Adoration: We adore You, O Christ, and we praise You. Because by Your Holy Cross You have redeemed the world.

1. The First Station: Jesus is condemned to death <Say the adoration here> 
O Jesus! So meek and uncomplaining, teach me resignation in trials. Have mercy, O Lord.

2. The Second Station: Jesus takes up his Cross  <Say the adoration here> 
My Jesus, this Cross should be mine, not Thine; my sins crucified Thee. Have mercy, O Lord.

3. The Third Station: Jesus falls the first time  <Say the adoration here> 
O Jesus! By this first fall, never let me fall into mortal sin. Have mercy, O Lord.

4. The Fourth Station: Jesus meets his Sorrowful Mother  <Say the adoration here> 
O Jesus! May no human tie, however dear, keep me from following the road of the Cross. Have mercy, O Lord.

5. The Fifth Station: The Cross is laid on Simon of Cyrene  <Say the adoration here> 
Simon unwillingly assisted Thee; may I with patience suffer all for Thee. Have mercy, O Lord.

6. The Sixth Station: A woman wipes the face of Jesus  <Say the adoration here> 
O Jesus! Thou didst imprint Thy sacred features upon Veronica's veil; stamp them also indelibly upon my heart. Have mercy, O Lord.

7. The Seventh Station: Jesus falls a second time <Say the adoration here>
By Thy second fall, preserve me, dear Lord, from relapse into sin. Have mercy, O Lord.

8. The Eighth Station: Jesus meets the women of Jerusalem. <Say the adoration here>
My greatest consolation would be to hear Thee say: "Many sins are forgiven thee, because thou hast loved much. Have mercy, O Lord.

9. The Ninth Station: Jesus falls a third time  <Say the adoration here> 
O Jesus! When weary upon life's on journey, be Thou my strength and my perseverance. Have mercy, O Lord.

10. The Tenth Station: Jesus is stripped of his garments.   <Say the adoration here> 
My soul has been robbed of its robe of innocence; clothe me, dear Jesus, with the garb of penance and contrition. Have mercy, O Lord.

11. The Eleventh Station: Jesus in nailed to the Cross  <Say the adoration here> 
Thou didst forgive Thy enemies; my God, teach me to forgive injuries and FORGET them. Have mercy, O Lord.

12. The Twelfth Station: Jesus dies on the Cross  <Say the adoration here> 
Thou art dying, my Jesus, but Thy Sacred Heart still throbs with love for Thy sinful children. Have mercy, O Lord.

13. The Thirteenth Station: Jesus is placed in the arms of his Mother  <Say the adoration here> 
Receive me into thy arms, O Sorrowful Mother; and obtain for me perfect contrition for my sins. Have mercy, O Lord.

14. The Fourteenth Station: Jesus is laid in the tomb  <Say the adoration here> 
When I receive Thee into my heart in Holy Communion, O Jesus, make it a fit abiding place for thy adorable Body. Have mercy, O Lord. Amen.

Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment: