Monday, April 30, 2012

How many times to forgive my neighbor?


Matthew Chapter 18, verse 21-35
21 Then Peter came up and said to him, "Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? As many as seven times?"
22 Jesus said to him, "I do not say to you seven times, but seventy times seven.

Seventy times seven is the representation of infinite or uncountable. Jesus asks us to forgive our spouse, relatives, friends, colleagues etc when they sin against us. Even though it hurts you a lot, as a Catholic Christian we must forgive then and forget the incident. This will help us to heal from the wound.

Forgiveness must follow by Forget, which help to avoid grievance.

Forgive and you will be forgiven. Without forgiveness no one can enter into the kingdom of God. 

1 comment: